The Village of Stockport is 70 miles SE of Columbus Ohio. Located in Morgan County, the village has a population of 540 residents.
Tourist attractions include:
- The Stockport Mill Inn (a lovely weekend getaway destination)
- Captain Hook's Tombstone (the burial site of a local 19th century riverboat captain)
- Big Bottom Massacre Memorial (a battle between Ohio settlers and local Indians)
- American Bald Eagles (These majectic birds regularly soar through the skies of Stockport along with local pigeons that roost atop the village's four-story post office. In addition, waterfowl are common along the river and more than 40 species of songbirds)
- Local Fishing (the Muskingum River is known for catches of catfish, saugeye and bass)
- A Bicycling and Hiking Paradise (we have miles and miles of scenic rolling hills and verdant farmland through which to wander).
Don't forget to meander by the riverside to see our historic dam and lock (#6) that provides passage for pleasure boaters traveling up and down the Muskingum river. There's nothing like the sound of water rushing over a dam to sooth the soul and calm the spirit.
Oh, and keep an eye out for Norman the Troll. He likes to swim near the dam and look for fish in the swirling waters. If you see him, be sure to wave hello.
|SuperPages Weather: Stockport|